Thursday, December 3, 2009

A couple of notes before I begin my tale

There are a few things I should mention before I start this blog. From the outset, this blog seems a bit pretentious. That is because I am a fairly pretentious person. You may notice my profile with authors like Dostoevsky and the title of my blog. You may notice that my favorite movies aren't movies like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I admit, I like some snobby things. But I assure you, as I write this blog, behind my monitor, there is an old shirt which I've taped to my window in lieu of a curtain. I'm also wearing pajama bottoms which are half pink. They are pink, because one night while drunkenly peeing, my thumb slipped, and my pajamas snapped back up and became soaked in urine. Rather than washing them, I went for the hasty solution of pouring half a bottle of bleach on them. Anyways, in my posts, I will try to curtail my pretenses.

I should mention also that I do love Korea. It has been a great, although at times frustrating experience. As many before me have said, the miserable aspects of life in Korea are much more interesting than the pleasant ones. I am often pissed off by things that happen to me or I read in the news here, but I find I can remedy this by reading or watching news from my home in America.

And finally, here is the current plan of the blog. I will work up through many posts, my last few years in Korea. If something truly interesting happens, I'll post about it. At some point, I may post some interesting anecdotes about my years in University, but that will come when it comes.

Anyhoo, while my tales are not quite as amusing as those of the proprietor of and Idiot's Tale, I hope to entertain at least a couple of people.

1 comment: